The benefits of a healthy amount of self-confidence are many. When you’re self-assured, it’s easier to achieve your goals, others are naturally drawn toward your charisma, and you feel more comfortable in any situation. Life is easier with self-confidence.
Do you wish you had greater self-confidence?
Luckily, increased self-confidence is just a week away!
Add these easy habits to your daily routines and feel the difference:
Day 1: Be a sharp dresser. Wearing torn, old, or faded clothes negatively affects your confidence. Research shows that dressing well can boost your self-esteem.
* You don’t have to spend an enormous amount of money on expensive designer outfits. When shopping, be frugal but buy nice clothes. You’ll have fewer items of clothing, but the ones you have will bring you confidence each time you leave the house. The key is how you feel in an outfit.
Day 2: Think positive. Each time you notice a negative thought about yourself, switch your focus to something more positive. Negative thoughts drain your self-confidence.
* For example, if you have a thought about not accomplishing all of your goals, you can counter it with what you have accomplished. Have ready answers for any negativity.
Day 3: Speak slower. This may seem like a strange way to increase your confidence, but research shows that those who have higher self-esteem talk slower. Learn to speak slower and pause more often. Your words matter and you don’t have to rush them to express yourself.
* People who are not confident in their words or themselves tend to speak very fast.
Day 4: Volunteer more often. Volunteering can raise your confidence levels in multiple ways:
* Volunteering can increase your skills.
* It can show you that others value your work and ideas.
* It can also help you understand your strengths and weaknesses.
* It gives you the ability to give back and earn gratitude from others. You’ll feel better and appreciate life more.
Day 5: Start a healthy habit. A healthy habit such as exercising on the weekends or eating a fruit at breakfast is an excellent way to boost your self-esteem. You’ll be able to feel confident that you’re following through with your goals.
Day 6: Focus on your body language. Are you scared to raise your head and look people in the eye? Are you frightened to stand up straight and walk with confidence? Your body language shows the world your confidence – or lack of it.
* Mimic strong body language even if you’re not feeling confident. By looking more confident, you’ll start to feel this way.
Day 7: Make lists. There are several types of lists you can make to increase confidence:
* The first is a list of your accomplishments. Dig deep and include all of the rewards, ribbons, and other prizes you’ve won. Include things from both the past and present on this list.
* The second list is the things that you’re grateful for right now. This list will show you that you have many things in your life that matter and make you happy.
* Post your lists in a prominent place in your home so you can see them on a consistent basis.
If you incorporate these habits into your daily routines, you’ll enjoy increased self-confidence very quickly. The longer you follow these strategies, the greater your new-found confidence will grow.